Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Medicated Life ....

I wish I could say that my medicated life was full of narcotics and happy pills and that all my medications were wonderful. However, that is not the case. 
Since starting to see my Rheumatologist, he has been on the "wait and see" approach. I guess he wants my blood work to show astronomical levels, or he wants my body to show astronomical damage. Since I am in the beginning, it is not going to be that way. 
So after months of going to the Rheumatologist over and over, and never getting a prescription for anything, he has finally started me on the intro medications for Rheumatoid Arthritis. I'm on Azulfidine. I had never heard of it. But it is not as strong as the others. The medication given for Rheumatoid Arthritis are basically like chemo drugs and they are very very dangerous and come with an enormous amount of side affects. 
I'm probably just as afraid of the side affects as I am the disease.