Friday, May 27, 2011

Stress

Godfrey has been in SAR Swimmer training for 2 weeks now. This is the Navy's Search and Rescue Swimmer training. It is completely stressful for him. He has been swimming 2,000 yards most days. He has had to learn to swim with all of the gear he has to carry. He has had to learn to swim underwear with his snorkel and not drown.

The physical requirements of this has just been extremely demanding.
I know he is tired, but he is extremely dedicated to it and he really wants this. He is the smallest guy in the glass, down to about 145lbs right now.

I love the fact that he is in such awesome shape. But it does form some kind of conflict for us. He gets to work out while he is at work, and I don't.
So when I get home from work, he is always ready to eat. Dinner is like his biggest meal of the day, and for me, it is really optional.

I guess we just have to work together when he is home to figure out what is best for him AND me.