Wednesday, January 23, 2013

And so the deployment goes ...

The deployment continues. 
Today is Day 19 that he has been gone of probably at least 220 more to go. 
I say at least because although they have given the sailors on the ship a false sense of security with an anticipated return date, I know the Navy will probably delay the return. 
Too much is going on in the world for the US not to need this ship to be extended. 
Tomorrow I have an appt with a new Rheumatologist. I am very tired of the NOTHING I was getting from my old Rheumy. He was just like lets wait and see. No, I can't wait and see, I hurt all the time and I am miserable. I can't really live my life unless they can give me something that will really help me and make me feel better. 

So far, his deployment has been pretty good for him. They have docked in 3 countries so far and he has gotten to go and enjoy some sites and enjoy some good food. I am happy when he gets to get off the boat and really enjoy some down time. I wish he had've called me at his last port, but with the time difference and when he was off the boat, it just wasn't possible. 
I was laying in bed the other night and it really hit me exactly how long it will be before he comes home. All the rest of winter, all of spring, all of summer. 
Geez, its like he is missing everything. He will come home with a few weeks of summer left and then go right into fall. 
We are trying to figure out what to do for the wedding. I am thinking that we should just go to Vegas and get married. I don't want a wedding at all, I just wanted to do the courthouse. But he wants something.
I've been saving up my frequent flier miles, so I think I can get us to Vegas. He can pay for the hotel!
There are lots of wedding options in Vegas. Including an option that includes a ride over the Vegas strip after the wedding in a helicopter. I've never been in a helicopter, so I think it would be cool. 
Who knows, we have many more days to go before I even can book anything because I have to wait until they set a date to even think about it. 
I at least have a general time frame, so I know I need to think about a dress of some sort. It will be Vegas, so it can be super simple. Maybe I can hit a clearance sale, I hate paying full retail for anything. 

When he comes back, we will have been together for 5 years. To me that seems like a good long dating period before we get married. I think in 5 yrs we have it all figured out.

He said they should be hitting a port soon, of course he can't say where or when, but he did say he would try to call. 

I really miss hearing his voice.