Thursday, June 2, 2011

Separation Stress

Normally, I do ok with the whole Navy separation thing. Godfrey is forever going somewhere for a week or 2 and sometimes a month or 2. I've gotten used to him always going somewhere.
However, this schooling in CA has been a real hard separation. I think it is mostly because I know what he is doing, and it is very stressful. He is going through training to be a Search and Rescue Swimmer and the training is very rough. He is under many many physical demands. Most people who know him think he is just all about having fun. But he is the type pf person that when a challenge is put in front of him, he will do whatever it takes, he just doesn't quit ever.
Seeing all of the training that he has to go through has just freaked me out, knowing that he is just under this severe physical stresss.

I can't wait for him to come home. I have been super alone this go around and I have been crying at night. Of course when I finally get to talk to him, he finds out I am crying and upset and he makes me laugh. I think that is what I miss the most about him being gone. Normally, when he is at home, We laugh so much each day. I have never laughed as much in my life as I have since I have been with him.

I just hope I can keep it together. He should be home on June 14. It won't get here fast enough.