Monday, September 17, 2012

Make Yourself Happy With What You Have

There comes many times in Military life when you encounter people who know it all, and know everything about military life and they chastise you for your choices. 

Not every marriage or relationship works the same, we do not question this when both parties are civilian, but we do not hesitate to judge when one part of the couple is military. 

Make yourself happy with what you have. Whatever works for you in your relationship, let that work. Do not feel like you have to change your life or how you do things just to be like someone else. 
This is especially true with finances. Figure out a way to handle the money that makes sense for both of you. If it works, then let it work. The important thing is that everything is being handled. 

The hardest thing for me to deal with is the military wives who are different from me, and yet insist on shoving their shit down my throat. I'm not you lady. 
The military IS HIS JOB. It does nothing for me. It provides me with nothing but headaches. 
My situation is completely different than most and I realize that complete independence is rare. I refuse to be lumped in and meshed with this ideal that I am a military wife and this is my life. Blah Blah Blah. 
My life is what I make it. With or without his job. 
The military is his job and it has nothing to do with me. It does not change my political opinions, it does not change the person I am, it is just his job. 

The day will come when he is no longer in the military and this craziness will be over. 

I'm tired of being lumped with a bunch of crazy drama rama mamas who clearly need help.